On The Line
- Host: Cary Junior II
- Producers: Cary Junior II, Darcie Moran, Tad Davis
- Executive producers: Anjanette Delgado, Maryann Struman
- Guests: Bill Kubota, director of “Detroit Remember When: Rockin’ Robin Seymour” documentary, and Kathy Kieliszewski, senior visuals editor and artistic director of Freep Film Festival
- Theme song: “Ford Trumbull” by DJ LostBoy, Detroit
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On this episode: Once upon a time, a single Detroit TV show hosted all the greats — The Supremes, Stevie Wonder, Bob Seger and more. And it was all thanks to rockin’ Robin Seymour, the Detroit radio and TV legend featured in a documentary showing at the Freep Film Festival next week.
Host Cary Junior II speaks with Bill Kubota, director of “Detroit Remember When: ‘Rockin’ Robin Seymour,” about Seymour’s impact and the work it took to create the film amid COVID-19. Listeners will get a sneak peek of clips in the film from Martha Reeves of Martha and the Vandellas, Deborah Young, Seymour’s daughter, and Seymour himself.
Junior, too, chats about the importance of telling stories like Seymour’s with Kathy Kieliszewski, Free Press senior visuals editor and artistic director of Freep Film Festival.
Transcripts of each episode are available by the next workday. The Detroit Free Press uses Omny Studio’s automated transcription service and then checks the text against the audio for accuracy.