Simon and Colin are back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain!
First up, Simon and Colin discuss David Marcus’ Senate plea. Colin explains why his 3 biggest takeaways from Marcus’ plea were: surprisingly a lot of people in government do not like Facebook, Libra seems to be at a really early stage, and that Libra setting up in Geneva is potentially a fatal mistake. (1:45)
Next, the pair talk about the DAWG (Digital Asset Working Group) report. They describe how it’s really interesting to have a bunch of people who really understand the market look at tokens and say that there’s a revenue opportunity, if banks can overcome regulatory uncertainty and find ways to comply. (24:24)
Other stories include:
- SWIFT sees success with global instant cross-border payments with Singapore’s FAST (31:15)
- It’s official: Indian Government Wants to Ban Bitcoin (36:56)
- CFTC Probing Crypto Exchange BitMEX Over Client Trades (38:50)
We also have a great Tweet of the Week from Mr @sytaylor himself explaining why rather than hating Libra, people should be more exited about it! (43:26)
All this and so much more on this week’s episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don’t forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week’s episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Facebook’s head of Libra Crypto project tells Senate it needs help from Governments & Regulators | CNBC
- Digital Asset Working Group (DAWG) Report | R3
- SWIFT sees success with global instant cross-border payments with Singapore’s FAST | SWIFT
- It’s official: Indian Government Wants to Ban Bitcoin | NEWS BTC
- CFTC Probing Crypto Exchange BitMEX Over Client Trades | Bloomberg