On today’s episode, Simon Taylor is joined by Anthoney Macey, Head of Emerging Tech at Barclays to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto including:
- Allianz’s payment token is in ‘advanced stages’ (0:47)
- Kakao go Cuckoo for Crypto (7:46)
- China’s Digital Currency (12:06)
- Mastercard make more blockchain moves (20:05)
- Lawsuit claims XRP is an unregistered security (24:07)
- We hear from Samantha Emery, FCA Innovate’s Interim Head of Department (26:29)
The Tweet of the Week comes from Todd McDonald (@Mcdtv) about how Daimler and Commerzbank are piloting digital cash for machine payments. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don’t forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guest: Anthony Macey.
- Insurance giant Allianz creating a JPM Coin-like payment token; the project is in ‘advanced stages’ | TheBlockCrypto
- Messaging giant Kakao to launch its own crypto wallet ‘Klip’ later this year | TheBlockCrypto
- China’s official digital currency is nearly ready | engadget
- Mastercard takes on counterfeiters with blockchain tech | Finextra
- SEC Guidance Gives Ammo to Lawsuit Claiming XRP Is Unregistered Security | coindesk