Simon Taylor is in the hosting seat once again and is joined this week by a returning guest. Joining Simon to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto is Oliver Von Landsberg-Sadie, CEO at BCB. Together the pair discuss:
- How Facebook’s vision for Libra turned into a nightmare (01:43)
- Binance CEO says some ‘major’ strategic acquisitions are in the works for 2020 (10:04)
- Venezuela to use petro cryptocurrency for oil sales (16:39)
- IBM and Fair Trade initiative demo blockchain-based coffee tracking app (23:50)
- North America saw the most crypto and blockchain investment in 2019 (27:34)
- Secretary-General Says United Nations Must Embrace Blockchain (31:17)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @SpencerNoon about Telegram’s decision to not integrate TON natively in the messenger app. (36:28) Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week’s biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
If you enjoyed the show, don’t forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider